UpdraftPlus Backup / Restore / Clone / Migrate plugin for WordPress
UpdraftPlus, a backup/restore/clone/migration plugin for WordPress simplifies backups (and restoration). Backup into the cloud (Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, Rackspace Cloud, DreamObjects, FTP, SFTP, WebDAV and email) and restore with a single click. Backups of files and database can have separate schedules.
- Thousands of users: widely tested and reliable (over 140,000 downloads). Ranks in the top 1% on rankwp.com (228 out of 25,000 plugins).
- Top-quality: ranks 45th out of 25,000 plugins for quality on rankwp.com (top 0.25% – last checked 23rd May 2013).
- Supports backups to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Rackspace Cloud Files, Google Drive, DreamHost DreamObjects, FTP and email. Also (via an add-on) FTP over SSL, SFTP and WebDAV. (Note: Microsoft forbid SkyDrive to be used by backup software).
- Quick restore (both file and database backups)
- Backup automatically on a repeating schedule
- Site duplicator/migrator: can copy sites, and (with add-on) move them to new locations
- Files and databases can have separate schedules
- Failed uploads are automatically resumed/retried
- Select which files to backup (plugins, themes, content, other)
- Select which components of a backup to restore
- Download backup archives direct from your WordPress dashboard
- Database backups can be encrypted for security
- Debug mode that gives full logging of the backup
- Internationalised (translations very welcome – see below)
- Premium version and support available – https://updraftplus.com
- Tested and supported on all current PHP versions (5.2, 5.3, 5.4)
Don’t Risk Anything Less
Your backups are worth the same as your entire investment in your website. The day may come when you get hacked, or your hosting company does, or they go bust – without good backups, you lose everything. Do you really want to entrust all your work to plugins with only a few thousand downloads, or that has no professional backup or support? Believe us – writing a reliable backup plugin that works consistently across the huge range of WordPress deployments is hard.
UpdraftPlus Addons And Premium
UpdraftPlus is not crippled in any way – it is fully functional, with no annoying omissions. What we do have is various extra features, and guaranteed support, available from our website, updraftplus.com.
If you need WordPress multisite compatibility (you’ll know if you do), then you need UpdraftPlus Premium.
Professional / Enterprise support agreements available
UpdraftPlus is written by professional WordPress developers. If your site needs guaranteed support, then we are available. Just go to our shop.
Are you multi-lingual? Can you translate?
Are you able to translate UpdraftPlus into another language? Are you ready to help speakers of your language? UpdraftPlus itself is ready and waiting – the only work needed is the translating. The translation process is easy, and web-based – go here for instructions: https://updraftplus.com/translate/. (Or if you’re an expert WordPress translator already, then just pick out the .pot file from the wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/languages/ directory).
Many thanks to the existing translators:
- Deutsch / German (de_DE): Marcel Herrguth – [email protected]
- Español / Spanish (es_ES): Fernando Villasmil – [email protected]
- Magyar / Hungarian (hu_HU): Szépe Viktor – http://www.szepe.net
- Nederlands / Dutch (nl_NL): Hans van der Vlist – [email protected]
- Polski / Polish (pl_PL): Bartosz Kaczmarek – [email protected]
We hang out in the support forum for this plugin – http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/updraftplus – however, to save our time so that we can spend it on development, please read the plugin’s Frequently Asked Questions – https://updraftplus.com/support/frequently-asked-questions/ – before going there, and ensure that you have updated to the latest released version of UpdraftPlus.