Supporting the Patient Summit/Lymphedema Following Cancer Therapy: Treatment Controversies Mini-Symposium
This CME accredited program was developed to provide a forum for discussing and presenting pre-clinical, translational and clinical research and thereby improve understanding, diagnosis, treatment, and quality of life of patients suffering from cancer as well as explore emerging diagnostic tools and patient-specific treatments for cancer. Lymphedema, a significant complication of cancer treatment, will be addressed and the current treatment of lymphedema will be updated. Many doctors are still very under-educated about the lymphatic system in general and, specifically, about the problem of lymphedema, which has lead to inconsistencies regarding the appropriate timing of intervention and what forms of treatment should be the standard of care. The educational objectives of the Lymphedema mini-symposium is to help participants to Identify secondary lymphedema resulting from cancer treatment and methods to overcome lymphedema.
Target Audience: Based on the attendance history we anticipate 200-300 participants to the Cancer Metastasis Symposium, a friendly atmosphere with ample opportunity to network and meet with every attendee with a potential interest in your product or services. These attendees will be primarily physicians (65%) specializing in surgery, oncology, molecular imaging, plastic surgery, radiation oncology, thoracic medicine with the remainder a mixture of predominately PhD/scientists from both academia and biotechnology as well as a smaller groups of attendees who are in training, regulatory or from industry. The PATIENT SUMMIT/Lymphedema Following Cancer Therapy: Treatment Controversies Mini-Symposium, to be held on Saturday, will attract an additional audience of therapists and nurses interested in lymphedema as well as patients and patient advocates over and above the Symposium registrants. Please review the program and the information in this prospectus and contact Joan Oefner to discuss your participation. We are happy to customize a sponsorship package based on your company’s specific needs and requirements. Contact: Symposium Manager, Joan Oefner at [email protected]
Lymphedema companies are invited to support the Patient/Summit/Lymphedema Mini-Symposium on SATURDAY, APRIL 22, 2017 from 8:30 AM – 1:30 PM. Special prices for a limited number tabletop exhibits and sponsorship opportunities designed to support the session are outlined below.
7:00 – 8:30 AM Lymphedema Company Exhibitor Setup in Gold Rush Ballroom (can also set up on Friday evening from 7:00 – 9:00 PM)
08:30 – 10:00 PhysioTouch negative pressure treatment supports lymphedema and cancer survivor rehabilitation – Lymphedema Session Workshop Sponsored by PhysioTouch, (Non-CME), Gold Rush Ballroom
10:00 – 10:30 Coffee break, Gold Rush Ballroom
10:35 – 10:45 Introduction of Lymphedema, Saskia Thiadens
10:45 – 11:00 Cancer-related lymphedema and incidence, Paula Stewart
11:00 – 11:15 Imaging techniques for the lymphatic system, Michael Bernas
11:15 – 11:30 Genetics of cancer related lymphedema, Betty Smoot
11:30 – 11:45, Treatment and advocacy of cancer related LE, Saskia Thiadens
11:45 – 12:00, Surgical treatments for lymphedema, Jay Granzow
12:20 – 13:30 Industry Sponsored Lunch Session for Patient Summit/Lymphedema Following Cancer Therapy, Update on Lymphedema: Current Clinical Trials at Stanford, Stanley G. Rockson, MD, Stanford University, Stanford, USA. Sponsored by Eiger BioPharmaceuticals, Inc., Industry Sponsored Lunch Session (Non-CME), Oregon Ballroom
1:30 PM Lymphedema Company Exhibitors Tear Down Tabletops from Gold Rush Ballroom
Industry Support Opportunities
- LYMPHEDEMA SESSION TABLETOP IN GOLD RUSH Ballroom, SATURDAY ONLY: $850
- LYMPHEDEMA SESSION TABLETOP FOR NON-PROFIT, SATURDAY ONLY: $250
- Tabletop Exhibit booth with 2 badges, Thursday – Saturday – $5,000
- Tabletop Exhibit booth with 1 badge, Thursday – Saturday – $4,250
- Non-profit tabletop with 1 badge, Thursday – Saturday – $2,500
- Literature only table in foyer, Thursday – Saturday – $1,500
Additional Sponsorship Opportunities
SINGLE SUPPORT OPPORTUNITIES for Lymphedema Companies in support of the PATIENT SUMMIT – Lymphedema Following Cancer Therapy: Treatment Controversies Mini-Symposium
- Unopposed Non-CME Educational Lunch Session, includes food, AV, meeting room up to 200 participants: $15,000. Supporter is responsible for speaker costs and needs to organize the session in conjunction with a member of the Cancer Metastasis Organizing Committee. This lunch session is open to all symposium registered attendees as well as those registered for the Patient Summit/LE Session. Sponsorship also includes digitally capturing the session which will be included on the Cancer Metastasis Virtual Meeting at www.cancermetastasis.org. The total presentation time of 60 minutes may be shared between 2-3 Lymphedema companies, thereby splitting the cost.
- Continuous Coffee Break for Registration and Networking from 8:30 – 11:30 AM on Saturday for Patients, Patient Advocates, Nurses and Therapists not attending CE sessions: $2,500
- Acknowledgement of support of Patients and Patient Advocates registration fee reduction: $1,000
- Acknowledgement of support for therapists and nurses registration fee reduction: $1,500
- Acknowledgment as sponsor of the 9:45 – 10:15 AM Coffee Break for all attendees of the Cancer Metastasis Symposium & Patient Summit/LE Session: $2,500
Along with other benefits of associating with this premier academic conference that follows the journey of cancer metastasis from detection at the molecular level to genomic identification to precision treatment & survival, all supporting companies will receive a dedicated page on www.cancermetastasis.org, to include information such as:
- Company profile, website link, logo
- Documents, open access manuscripts
- Other relevant information of interest to participants of Cancer Metastasis 2017
- Inclusion in the Symposium Social Media (Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter).
Other benefits of support:
- Logo to be included on signage near the Exhibit Hall Entrance and on specific items that are being supported;
- Acknowledgement in the Symposium Final Program on USB & the Schedule at a Glance
- Use of Symposium logo for supporter’s own promotional purposes (must be approved by the Organizing Committee);
- Assistance with registration at sponsored sessions.
- Continued presence on www.cancermetastasis.org Virtual Meeting.
Please contact Joan Oefner at [email protected] to discuss your ideas for a customized support package that would best fit the needs of your company. The Cancer Metastasis through the Lymphovascular System: Biology & Treatment, 7th International Symposium is sponsored by the Sentinel Node Oncology Foundation which is incorporated as a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization. Tax ID is 20-0173930.