The Organizing Committee has reviewed and ranked the abstracts submitted for the symposium and reviewed the award applications. The following are the three Trainee and three Young Investigator Award Winners:
Trainee Abstract Award Winners
- Intravital imaging of lymph node metastasis reveals its ability to contribute to distant metastasis, Pereira, Ethel, et al, [Presenter], (Edwin L. Steele Laboratories, Department of Radiation Oncology, MGH Cancer Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, United States)
- Nanoparticle to treat established lymph node metastasis and primary tumor,
Adjei, Isaac, et al, [Presenter], (Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville, United States | Department of Biomedical Engineering, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, United States)
- Cutaneous Immune Factors and Regression of In-Transit/Lymphatic Melanoma After Intralesional Injection of Bacille Calmette-Guerin, Jones, Maris, et al, [Presenter], (Division of Surgical Oncology, John Wayne Cancer Institute, Providence Saint John’s Health Center, Santa Monica, CA)
Young Investigator Award Winners
- Epigenetic alterations of spliceosome factors are associated with organ-specific melanoma metastasis, Marzese, Diego, et al, [Presenter], (Department of Translational Molecular Medicine, John Wayne Cancer Institute at Providence Saint John’s Health Center, Santa Monica, United States)
- Innovations in Lymphatic Microsurgery – MLVA and FLA-LVSP: The Complete Treatment Package, Campisi, Corrado, et al, [Presenter], (Department of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery ,Unit for Lymphatic Microsurgery, Salus Hospital, GVM Care & Research, Reggio Emilia, Italy)
- Cryofluorescence Tomography for Single-Cell and Micron-Level of Analysis of Cancer Metastasis and the Lymphovascular System – Bridging the Microscopic/Mesoscopic Divide, Holt, Robert, et al, [Presenter], (inviCRO, LLC, Boston, United States)
Each award winner will have 10 minutes to present their abstract including 2 minutes of discussion. Following the presentations, there will be a short awards ceremony.
For more information about the awards, please click here.