Abstract Submission & e-Posters
Abstract Submission Deadline: September 20, 2016 11:59 PM, PDT.
The Organizing Committee encourages all cancer metastasis researchers to submit an abstract for presentation as an e-Poster or rapid fire oral presentation. Your abstract should describe your most current, unpublished research which has not been presented at another meeting or conference.
Instructions for the submission of an abstract
- The conference language is English and all abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts must be submitted online. Do not fax, mail or email your abstract as it will not be considered.
- In order to give an e-Poster and/or Rapid Fire Oral presentation at the conference, please submit an abstract by the September 20, 2016 deadline. The e-Poster can be prepared after you have received a message, accepting your contribution, from the Organizing Committee. An e-Poster template will be sent to you with your acceptance notice.
- Please note that papers can only be accepted if at least one author is registered for the conference. The online registration system and the online abstract system are connected, but a meeting registration must be completed in addition to the abstract submission, at least 45 days prior to the start of the meeting.
- Abstracts should be no more than 250 words excluding title, authors, and affiliations.
- Abstracts should be formatted with the following headings: Background, Materials and Methods, Results, and Conclusions.
Abstracts will be reviewed by the Organizing Committee from September 21 – 28, 2016. Acceptance notices will be sent via email by October 1, 2016.
Abstracts will be tentatively divided into 2 major categories and their subcategories:
- Tumor Microenvironment and Cancer Progression
- Cancer Initiation
- Cancer Growth
- Cancer Progression
- Cancer Metastasis
- Cancer Cell Trafficking
- Sentinel Lymph Node Metastasis
- Systemic Metastasis
- Biomarkers of Cancer Metastasis
- Treatment of Cancer Metastasis
Trainee & Young Investigator Abstract Awards – Top 3 Trainees (students/postdoc/resident/fellows) and top 3 Young Investigator (within 5 years of completion of training). If you wish to be considered for a Trainee or Young Investigator Abstract Award, please indicate that during the submission of your abstract and submit prior to September 20, 2016. For more information about the abstract awards please click here .
Presentation Type: Abstract authors can request the following types of presentation:
- e-Poster Presentation Only
- Rapid Fire Oral Presentation
- e-Poster OR Rapid Fire Oral Presentation (allow the Organizing Committee to decide)
Electronic Posters or e-Posters will completely replace printed posters for the first time giving authors the opportunity to prepare up to 10 slides, which will be displayed on touchscreens in the e-Poster area throughout the conference, and during two e-Poster Viewing Sessions on Thursday and Friday, April 20th & 21st, 2017. e-Posters are similar to traditional paper posters, but displayed on-site on large LCD flatscreens and are available for electronic viewing at all times for participants. They will also be available on the Symposium Website beginning on April 20, 2017, and provided to each meeting participant with the meeting program on USB flash drive. The e-Posters will be available for many years after the Symposium, and will be searchable in a variety of ways, such as by poster title, author and affiliation, becoming a permanent point of reference in the scientific literature. Viewers will be able to easily find and browse e-Posters and download the posters in PDF format when permitted by the presenter.
These posters do not require printing or production of materials – as your work will be presented electronically on a plasma screen.