On behalf of the Organizing Committee, we are pleased to sponsor a Trainee and Young Investigator Abstract Awards contest to motivate, encourage and mentor the next generation of cancer researchers. Selection of the award recipients will be based upon the abstract grade and ranking and will be as follows:
- 1st Place Trainee Abstract Award and 1st Place Young Investigator Abstract Award: $1,000 each
- 2nd Place Trainee Abstract Award and 2nd Place Young Investigator Abstract Award: $750 each
- 3rd Place Trainee Abstract Award and 3rd Place Young Investigator Abstract Award: $500 each
In addition to the Award stipend, recipients will be given the recognition of presenting their talk during the Trainee & Young Investigator Abstract Award Session on Saturday, April 22, 2017 and will receive a complimentary registration and an Award Plaque. Award winners will also be invited to submit a manuscript for the Spring 2018 Issue of Clinical and Experimental Metastasis, which will be dedicated to selected presentations from the Symposium.
Those wishing to apply for the Trainee or Young Investigator Awards MUST meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Apply before November 1, 2016: the abstract submission deadline through the “Awards” step of the online abstract submission site.
- Be an undergraduate, graduate, or postgraduate student, postdoc, resident, fellow, or qualifying trainee (for Trainee Awards).
- Be within 5 years of completion of training (for Young Investigator Awards).
- Trainees should upload a letter confirming their training status and Young Investigators should upload a CV confirming they are within 5 years of completion of training through the online abstract system. Please click the green menu button “Trainee Status or Young Investigator CV” to upload the appropriate document at the time of abstract submission.
- Be the first author and presenter of the accepted abstract.
Instructions for the submission of an abstract
- The conference language is English and all abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts must be submitted online. Do not fax, mail or email your abstract as it will not be considered.
- In order to give an e-Poster and/or Rapid Fire Oral presentation at the conference, please submit an abstract by the November 1, 2016 deadline. The e-Poster can be prepared after you have received a message, accepting your contribution, from the Organizing Committee. An e-Poster template will be sent to you with your acceptance notice.
- Please note that papers can only be accepted if at least one author is registered for the conference. The online registration system and the online abstract system are connected, but a meeting registration must be completed in addition to the abstract submission, at least 45 days prior to the start of the meeting.
- Abstracts should be no more than 500 words excluding title, authors, and affiliations.
- Abstracts should be formatted with the following headings: Background, Materials and Methods, Results, and Conclusions.
Abstracts will be reviewed by the Organizing Committee from September 21 – November 5, 2016. Acceptance notices will be sent via email by November 15, 2016.
Abstracts will be tentatively divided into 2 major categories and their subcategories:
- Tumor Microenvironment and Cancer Progression
- Cancer Initiation
- Cancer Growth
- Cancer Progression
- Cancer Metastasis & Treatment
- Cancer Cell Trafficking
- Sentinel Lymph Node Metastasis
- Systemic Metastasis
- Biomarkers of Cancer Metastasis
- Treatment of Cancer Metastasis
- Treatment of Secondary Lymphedema from Cancer Therapy
Presentation Type: Abstract authors can request the following types of presentation:
- e-Poster Presentation Only
- Rapid Fire Oral Presentation
- e-Poster OR Rapid Fire Oral Presentation (allow the Organizing Committee to decide)