The Patient Summit participation is included for those registering for the full 3-day Congress. For patients, patient advocates and therapists just attending the Patient Summit on Saturday AFTERNOON, please use the online registration button above to register for the Patient Summit.
There are no CE credits for the Summit session from 12:00 – 5:00 PM. For the Session beginning at 5:10 PM the following CE credits apply: USF Health is an approved provider of continuing education for Occupational Therapy licensees by the Florida Board of Occupational Therapists. This program has been reviewed and approved for up to 2.0, 50-minute contact hours. Florida residents are required to provide a license number prior to the issuance of a certificate. Occupational Therapists not licensed in Florida should check with their licensing authority as to if and how they can use the certificate with their own licensing board.
USF Health is an approved provider of continuing education credits for Physical Therapy licensees by the Florida Board of Physical Therapy. This activity has been reviewed and approved for up to 1.5 contact hours. All Physical Therapists who attend and attest for PT credit will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Florida Board of Physical Therapy. USF Health will upload credit into FL CE Broker for those Physical Therapists who provide their Florida License number. Physical Therapists not licensed in Florida should check with their licensing authority as to if and how they can use the certificate with their own licensing board.
Patient Summit – Non CE
Walter C. Lin, The Buncke Clinic
Tina Fernandez Steckler, HERS Breast Cancer Foundation
Vendor Presentation starting 2pm:
2:00 – 2:45 PM RianCorp: Ann Angel, CEO and developer; Low Level Laser, LTU-904
- ONLY laser device cleared by FDA for lymphedema treatment after breast cancer
- Clinical Evidence data published UCSF, Betty Smoot
- A Tried & Tested, Painless Solution for the Treatment of Postmastectomy Lymphedema
2:45 – 3:30 PM Tactile Medical
- Flexitouch System consists of a controller that provides segmental, calibrated, gradient pneumatic compression paired with inflatable
- Pneumatic compression devices for breast cancer related lymphedema (BCRL).
- Head and Neck Secondary Lymphedema: Garments are constructed of nylon with a total of 14 pneumatic chambers covering part of the head, neck, and
- Secondary Lymphedema from Chronic Venous Insufficiency pneumatic compression
3:30 – 4:15 PM ImpediMed
Advanced technology for the early detection of lymphedema following cancer treatment
Lymphedema Prevention Program: novel model of care using early detection with L-Dex and intervention to prevent development of cancer-related lymphedema
PREVENT Trial: interim results from the largest randomized study focused on lymphedema prevention show 95% reduction in breast cancer-related lymphedema
4:15 – 5:00 PM Fibralign Corporation
Developer of advanced biomedical devices that utilizes Nanoweave® a proprietary scaffolding technology that can be tailored to address a wide range of high-value applications in the fields of tissue engineering.